High Performance Pulley for Belt Conveyors
Our company has adopted proprietary technology and equipment imported from German PWH company for the design and manufacturing of various pulleys . As a key component of the conveyor, the pulley should have high reliability. Our company’s R&D center has improved the pulley structure, reduced structural stress, and increased the lifespan and reliability of the pulley group through finite element analysis and optimization calculations. Our company’s pulley is manufactured from specialized high-end manufacturing equipment and has achieved serialized and large-scale production.
We have produced conveyor pulleys for belt width up to 2.4 m, pulley diameter up to 1.8 m, and maximum tension up to 300 tons.
|Adhesive Material||smooth, ordinary rubber, wear-resistant rubber, UHMW-PE, rubber ceramic, etc..|
|Adehensive Treatment||glued or casted|
|Carrying Capacity||light, medium and heavy type|
|Connection Mode||Shafts and wheels of the medium and heavy-duty pulley are connected by expansion sleeves.|
|Pulley Pipe||made of Q235B carbon steel, with high roundness and straightness ensuring rotation balance|
|Shaft||45 # round steel or according to your requirements;
ultrasonic inspection, quenching and tempering treatment, strict control of key fit size tolerances, greatly extending service life.
|Bearing Brands||Havalo, SKF, FAG, SNK or according to your requirements|
|Bear Seat||Integral bearing seat, partial bearing seat|
|Color||bright red paint or according to your requirements|
VARIOUS TYPES OF PULLEY ADHESIVE SURFACE
BEARING SEAT MODE
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS & PARAMETERS
|Technical Parameters for Belt Conveyor Pulley|
|Belt Width (mm)||Pulley Standard Diameter without Adhesive Layer(mm)|
|1||Outer Circle Diameter D Deviation|| 200 ≤ 1.5
400 ≤ 2.0
1000 ≤ 2.5
|2||Radial Runout of Outer Circle|| D ≤ 200 ; without adhesive 0.3 ;with adhesive 0.5
200 < D ≤ 800 ; without adhesive 0.6; with adhesive 1.1
800 < D ≤ 1600 ; without adhesive 1.0; with adhesive 1.5
1600 < D ≤ 1800 ; without adhesive 1.5; with adhesive 2.0
|3||Static Balance Accuracy||G40|
PROCESS FLOW OF PULLEY
Our company is equipped with necessary equipment for processing pulleys, such as large oil pressure machines, rolling machines, specialized pulley automatic explosive welding operators, large diameter lathes, boring machines, ultrasonic flaw detectors, static balancing devices, pressure casting machines, etc. Due to the special correction process adopted by the company, the pulley pipe skin is rounded before processing, and the pulley pipe wall is uniform after processing, thereby ensuring that the pulley has high static balance performance and high mechanical performance.
For pulleys with complex forces, large loads and used in heavy working conditions, they all adopt a cast welded structure and expansion sleeve connection. Compared with traditional drums in China, this type of drum mainly has the following characteristics :
(1) The structural parameters of the pulley are advanced and reasonable, and there is a dedicated computer calculation program to determine the shaft diameter, cylinder skin thickness, wheel amplitude plate shape and spacing, as well as the position of the circumferential weld seam set at the position where the stress is minimum and the number of cycles is minimum.
(2) The key technology of using single sided welding and double sided forming ensures the quality of the weld seam.
(3) The expansion sleeve connection is used between the drum hub and shaft, which not only solves the problem of key connection stress concentration that has been existing for many years and the technical difficulties of manufacturing and installing axial double keyways, but also achieves overall quenching and eliminates welding internal stress.
(4) The circumferential and longitudinal welds of the pulley have undergone non-destructive testing, and the casting quality of the wheel hub has undergone magnetic particle or ultrasonic testing.
(5) The total radial runout of the outer circle after roller casting is less than 1mm.
(6) All drums undergo static balance tests before leaving the factory to achieve G40 accuracy.
(7) All driving pulley and directional pulley with high stress have undergone finite element analysis to ensure that the stress and strain of the rollers meet the requirements.
Due to a series of measures taken, the pulley group produced by SK has a reasonable structure, large bearing capacity, and reliable performance. And it overcomes the problem of fatigue fracture at the welding seam of the existing pulley plate in China. The pullley (including the welding part) is guaranteed to have a rotational fatigue strength of over 108°.
WORKSHOP OF FINISHED PULLEIES
PACKAGE AND DELIVEYR
CONVEYORS EPC/BOT CONTRACTING CAPABILITY
VARIOUS CONVEYOR SPARE PARTS SUPPLY
AERIAL VIEW OF OUR FACTORY
INTELLIGENT PRODUCTION & TESTING
CERTIFICATES & HORNORS
BRANCHES & OFFICES
LONG-TERM STRATEGIC COOPEATORS
DOMESTIC & OVERSEAS EXHIBITIONS
GLOBAL BUSINESS NETWORK
|Manufacturing Process:||Forging, Casting|
|Surface Treatment:||Smooth, Rubber or Ceramics|
|Application:||Chemical Industry, Grain Transport, Mining Transport, Power Plant, Port, Dock, Energy, Cement, Metallurgy, Steel|
What is the importance of proper pulley alignment and tensioning in belt pulley systems?
Proper pulley alignment and tensioning are of utmost importance in belt pulley systems. They directly impact the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of the system. Here’s a detailed explanation of the importance of proper pulley alignment and tensioning:
1. Power Transmission Efficiency: Proper pulley alignment and tensioning ensure efficient power transmission in belt pulley systems. Misaligned pulleys or incorrect belt tension can lead to slippage, which results in power loss. When the belts slip on the pulleys, the intended power transfer from the driving pulley to the driven pulley is compromised. By aligning the pulleys correctly and maintaining proper tension, the belts grip the pulleys securely, allowing for efficient power transmission and maximizing the system’s overall efficiency.
2. Prevents Belt Wear and Damage: Improper pulley alignment and tensioning can cause excessive belt wear and damage. Misaligned pulleys can cause the belts to run at an angle, resulting in uneven wear on the belt’s edges. This can lead to premature belt failure and the need for frequent belt replacements. Insufficient or excessive belt tension can also cause accelerated wear, as it puts additional strain on the belts. Proper alignment and tensioning help distribute the load evenly across the belts, minimizing wear and extending their lifespan.
3. Reduces Noise and Vibration: Correct pulley alignment and tensioning contribute to reducing noise and vibration in belt pulley systems. Misaligned pulleys can cause the belts to vibrate and generate noise during operation. Excessive belt tension can lead to increased vibration as well. These vibrations and noise not only affect the comfort of operators but can also impact the overall stability and performance of the system. Proper alignment and tensioning help minimize vibration and noise levels, creating a smoother and quieter operation.
4. Improves System Reliability: Proper pulley alignment and tensioning enhance the reliability of belt pulley systems. Misalignment or improper tension can lead to unexpected belt failures, system downtime, and costly repairs. When the belts slip or wear unevenly, it can cause disruptions in power transmission, resulting in reduced system performance or complete failure. Proper alignment and tensioning minimize the risk of belt-related issues, ensuring the system operates reliably and consistently.
5. Enhances Component Life: Correct pulley alignment and tensioning contribute to the longevity of system components. When the belts run smoothly and grip the pulleys properly, it reduces stress on the pulleys, bearings, and other mechanical parts. Misalignment or excessive tension can cause unnecessary strain on these components, leading to premature wear and failure. Proper alignment and tensioning help distribute the load evenly, minimizing stress and extending the life of system components.
6. Facilitates Easy Maintenance: Proper pulley alignment and tensioning make maintenance tasks easier. When pulleys are aligned correctly, it simplifies belt replacement, adjustment, or inspection procedures. Easy access to the belts and pulleys allows for efficient maintenance and reduces downtime during servicing. Additionally, proper tensioning ensures that belts can be adjusted or replaced without difficulty, improving overall serviceability of the system.
7. Optimizes System Performance: Ultimately, proper pulley alignment and tensioning optimize the performance of belt pulley systems. When the belts are aligned correctly and tensioned properly, the power transmission is efficient, wear is minimized, and vibrations are reduced. This results in reliable and consistent system operation, allowing the system to perform at its intended level of efficiency and productivity.
In summary, proper pulley alignment and tensioning are essential for efficient power transmission, prevention of belt wear and damage, reduction of noise and vibration, and improvement of system reliability. They enhance the lifespan of system components, facilitate maintenance tasks, and optimize the overall performance of belt pulley systems. By ensuring correct alignment and tension, operators can maximize the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of their belt pulley systems.
How do belt pulleys handle variations in load capacity and speed?
Belt pulleys are designed to handle variations in load capacity and speed by providing flexibility and adjustability in power transmission systems. They offer several mechanisms to accommodate changes in load and speed requirements. Here’s a detailed explanation of how belt pulleys handle variations in load capacity and speed:
1. Load Capacity: Belt pulleys can handle variations in load capacity through the selection of appropriate belt materials, pulley sizes, and belt tension. When the load increases, the belt tension can be adjusted to ensure proper power transmission. By increasing the tension, the grip between the belt and pulley increases, allowing for the transfer of higher loads. Belt materials with higher tensile strength and load-bearing capacity can also be chosen to handle heavier loads.
2. Speed Variation: Belt pulleys offer the ability to handle variations in speed through different mechanisms:
a. Fixed Speed Ratios: In applications where a fixed speed ratio is required, belt pulleys of specific sizes are selected to achieve the desired speed ratio. By choosing pulleys with different diameters or numbers of grooves, the speed of the driven pulley can be adjusted relative to the driving pulley, resulting in the desired speed variation.
b. Variable Speed Pulleys: Variable speed pulleys, also known as adjustable or variable pitch pulleys, enable continuous speed control. These pulleys feature movable pulley halves or arms that change the distance between the grooves. By adjusting the position of the movable pulley, the effective diameter of the pulley changes, altering the speed ratio. This allows for stepless speed variation within a defined range, providing flexibility in adjusting the speed of the driven system.
c. Step Pulleys: Step pulleys have multiple grooves of different diameters on the same pulley. By changing the belt position between these grooves, the speed ratio can be adjusted. Step pulleys provide a range of predetermined speeds by selecting the appropriate groove, allowing for different speed settings suitable for various operations.
d. Motor and Pulley Size Selection: By selecting motors and pulleys of different sizes or using different combinations of belt pulleys, the speed of the driven system can be adjusted. This is commonly seen in applications where multiple speed options are required, such as in drill presses or lathes, where a range of speeds is needed for different cutting operations.
Overall, belt pulleys handle variations in load capacity and speed by offering flexibility in belt tension, selecting appropriate pulley sizes and materials, utilizing variable speed pulleys, employing step pulleys, and choosing motor and pulley combinations to achieve the desired speed ratios. These mechanisms allow for efficient power transmission in a wide range of applications with varying load and speed requirements.
What advantages do belt pulleys offer for efficient power transmission?
Belt pulleys offer several advantages that contribute to efficient power transmission in a variety of applications. These advantages make belt pulleys a popular choice for transmitting power in numerous industries. Here are some key advantages of using belt pulleys:
1. High Efficiency: Belt pulleys can achieve high power transmission efficiency. The materials used for pulleys, such as metals or composite materials, are selected for their strength and low friction characteristics. This allows for minimal energy loss during power transmission, resulting in efficient operation and reduced energy consumption.
2. Smooth and Quiet Operation: Belt pulleys provide smooth and quiet operation compared to some other power transmission methods. The flexibility of belts helps in dampening vibrations and reducing noise levels. This is particularly beneficial in applications where noise reduction is important, such as in residential areas, offices, and certain types of machinery.
3. Slip Prevention: Belt pulleys offer slip prevention features, ensuring reliable power transmission. The design of the pulley’s groove and the corresponding belt shape create a positive engagement that helps prevent the belt from slipping during operation. This is particularly advantageous in high-torque applications where maintaining a consistent power transfer is crucial.
4. Overload Protection: Belt pulleys can provide a certain degree of overload protection. In the event of sudden load spikes or jamming of the driven system, the belt can slip or deform slightly, absorbing the shock and protecting the machinery from damage. This inherent flexibility acts as a safety feature, preventing catastrophic failures and reducing the risk of equipment breakdown.
5. Misalignment Compensation: Belt pulleys can accommodate minor misalignments between the driving and driven shafts. The flexibility of the belt allows for slight angular and parallel misalignments, which can naturally occur in machinery due to manufacturing tolerances, thermal expansion, or other factors. This ability to compensate for misalignment helps to minimize stress on bearings and prolong the lifespan of the system.
6. Speed Variation: Belt pulleys provide the flexibility to achieve different speed ratios by simply changing pulley sizes or adjusting the position of variable speed pulleys. This feature allows for speed variation and control in various applications, facilitating the optimization of machine performance and enabling adaptability to different operating conditions.
7. Cost-Effective: Belt pulleys are generally cost-effective compared to some other methods of power transmission. They are relatively simple in design, easy to manufacture, and require less precision than certain alternatives. Additionally, belts are generally less expensive to replace than other types of power transmission components, resulting in lower maintenance costs.
Overall, belt pulleys offer advantages such as high efficiency, smooth and quiet operation, slip prevention, overload protection, misalignment compensation, speed variation, and cost-effectiveness. These advantages make belt pulleys a reliable and versatile choice for efficient power transmission in a wide range of applications across various industries.
editor by CX